Chapter One Childcare – Management Post
Chapter One Childcare is currently looking for a Nursery Manager to join our fantastic Kirk Brae nursery, situated in the Liberton area of Edinburgh. As a Nursery Manager working for Chapter One Childcare, you can expect a competitive rate of pay, excellent rewards and recognition and a nurturing and fulfilling career. You will be joining an established team that are creative and full of fun. Chapter One’s ethos is very much outdoor focused, with nature at the heart of what we do.
To apply for this role, you should be interested in outdoor learning, have a passion for teaching and be motivated by inspiring those around you. You should be excited about putting your wellies on, getting into the separate nature garden, lighting a fire, or sliding down the mud slide.
Our nursery is in a beautiful Victorian building, offering 36 places with a team of 10 staff including 2 seniors and a deputy manager. You will have an amazing opportunity to help influence the vision and direction of the nursery and take it to great heights. Your responsibilities will include:
- Management of the day-to-day operation of the nursery
- Achieving and maintaining high standards of care and education
- Effectively lead and manage the staff team, including day to day guidance, training and support
- Ensuring all policies, procedures and curriculum are implemented and adhered to at all times * Overseeing planning in the rooms
- Keep up to date with developments in early childhood thinking and trends
- Developing our outdoor space and making the most use of our outdoor surroundings
- Helping implement an effective parent liaison programme to develop strong links with parents
- Have, or be working towards a BA in Childhood Practices or PDA Level 9
- Have a proven track record with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar management role
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the Curriculum For Excellence and the Pre-birth to Three frameworks
- Have a good understanding of how to create engaging and challenging learning environments for babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers
- Have excellent communication skills and be a strong leader as well as a team player
- Be energetic, proactive, self-motivated and have attention for detail
- Have a passion for working with young children within the nursery and outdoors
You must have good leadership skills and be able to lead a team effectively, showing great communication and organisational skills.
You must be IT aware as many of our systems are online and social media platforms are a key part of our marketing and communication.
You must have a flexible and creative approach, with a sound knowledge of current legislation relating to childcare and be willing to apply for a current PVG Scheme Certificate and SSSC.
This position will commence 22nd April 2019.
£28,000 – £30,000 per annum
Working Hours: 8.00 am – 6.00 pm, 40 hours over 4 days, Monday – Friday.
28 days holiday, pro-rata, with additional Christmas bonus holidays.
Profit sharing scheme.
Closed between Christmas and New Year.