Location – Edinburgh – Dalkeith
Salary – £24,700 pa
Time – Permanent position – 40 hours per week
Chapter One is a leading childcare provider dedicated to providing the best possible care and education for the children in our care. We operate nurseries in Edinburgh, England and Oman. We are constantly investing in our people and facilities to ensure their nurseries are the best places for children to grow and develop.
We give children an amazing educational experience from birth to pre-school, their most formative years. They focus on every unique child and our highly skilled and qualified teams provide the very best early year’s experience in a safe and stimulating environment.
We are looking to recruit a Deputy Manager for one of our large busy nurseries situated in
The Country Park at Dalkieth, Edinburgh.
Nursery Deputy Managers provide assistance to the Nursery Manager in the daily running of the nursery.
- To work under the direction of the Manager and deputise for her as and when required
- To support the aims and objectives of the nursery and assist the Manager in the organisation of a high-quality setting.
- To provide high standards of childcare and education including monitoring and reviewing the provision at all times.
- To be key to raising the quality of early years provision and act as an agent of change to improve practice in the nursery including providing a safe, caring environment to enable the emotional, social and educational development of children, through individual attention and group activities
- To lead and implement practice across the Pre Birth to Three Framework and Curriculum for Excellence and to support and mentor all team members and model the skills and behaviours that safeguard and promote good outcomes for children, and, in addition, work in close collaboration with other agencies
- To manage Room Leaders, directing and supporting the whole team as required
- To build and maintain strong partnerships with parents.
You must hold level 8 childcare qualifications (or working towards) and the successful Nursery Deputy Manger will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure.