We are looking for a Nursery Manager for our Kirk Brae setting. You will have a proven track record to lead a team and be an inspirational and encouraging leader to help make a difference to the lives of children and staff teams.
Kirk Brae has fabulous outdoor grounds, including mud kitchens, mudslides, baby garden, Tweenie garden, nature garden, castles and more.
The successful candidate would join our established team and enjoy the benefits of being part of a larger management structure, with monthly meetings and support. Chapter One supports all their staff in continual professional development and we are keen to develop your personal interests further.
- Planning and implementing stimulating and exciting learning experiences.
- Lead the overall day to day running of the nursery.
- Ensure staff are fully aware of and use relevant evaluation documents.
- Ensure all staff are fully aware of their responsibilities and carry out their role in line with all policies, procedures and legislative requirements.
- Ensure the effective running of the nursery, attracting and retaining new parents and monitoring expenditure in line with budgets set.
- Ensure Covid guidances and risk assessments are implemented and adhered to.
- Supporting all of our stakeholders and forming strong partnerships.
The skills set & experience
- An unequaled dedication and passion for childcare
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Over 2 years’ current experience as a Nursery Manager, or relevant position of responsibility.
- Qualifications – you will need to have been qualified for at least 2 years with a recognised childcare qualification.
- Excellent I.T skills.
- Knowledge of Edinburgh Council funding would be an advantage, but not essential.
- Presently undertaking, achieved, or have put in place plans to study BA Childhood Practice or equivalent.
- A clear vision of how to continue to take the nursery forward and retain very good grades.
- A commitment and dedication to support the staff team and nursery as a whole.
What we offer:
- Bonus opportunities.
- Provision of pension scheme auto enrollment.
- A management structure which offers support at all times.
- 4 day working week.
- Bonus Christmas Holidays.
- Free uniform.
- Free childcare provision.
Visit us on facebook to get to know our friendly company a bit better. https://www.facebook.com/chapteronechildcare
Applicants must be registered with the SSSC as, if successful, offers will be conditional on satisfactory completion of safer recruitment procedures such as a PVG check, two written references etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 depending on experience and qualifications
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place