Location – Edinburgh
Salary – £34,000 – £36,500 a year
Time – Permanent position – full time
Chapter One Childcare was established in 2004, offering care and education to children 0-5 years. We have 4 nurseries across Edinburgh & Midlothian and 1 in North Yorkshire. Including our fully outdoor nurseries.
You will be joining Chapter One’s award-winning nursery and be part of a safe, stimulating and fun environment, all our nurseries have a strong ethos of outdoor play and the children take a lead on nursery developments.
Kirk brae have fabulous outdoor grounds, including mud kitchens, mudslides, baby garden, Tweenie gardens, natures garden, Castles and more.
We are looking for a Nursery Manager with a proven track record to lead our team, who is an inspirational and encouraging leader to help make a difference to the lives of children and staff teams.
The successful candidate would join our established team, and enjoy the benefits of being part of a larger management team, with regular meetings and support. Chapter One supports all their staff in continual professional development and we are keen to develop your personal interest further.
- Planning and implementing stimulating and exciting learning experiences.
- Lead the overall day to day running of the nursery.
- Ensure staff are fully aware of and use relevant evaluation documents.
- Ensure all staff are fully aware of their responsibilities and carry out their role in line with all policies, procedures and legislative requirements.
- Ensure the effective running of the nursery, attracting and retaining new parents and monitoring expenditure in line with budgets set.
- Ensure a infection control guidance and risk assessments are implemented and adhered to.
- Supporting all of our stakeholders and forming strong partnerships.
What we offer:
- Life Cover
- Enterprise Management Initiative (EMI Scheme) (Shares in Company upon sale)
- Quarterly Profit share incentives
- Wellbeing Advice Helplines such as counselling services.
- Health Club Discounts
- A management structure which offers support at all times.
- 4 day working week.
- Enhanced Annual Leave Entitlement
- Bonus Christmas Holidays.
- Enhanced Sick Leave Benefits
- Annual Wellbeing Days
- Free uniform.
- Enhanced Pension Contributions or Free Childcare provision within Chapter One Childcare
- Paid Christmas night out
- Seasonal treats
- Professional and personal support helpline
Most importantly you will be valued as a person and not treated like a number in a large organisation.
Visit us on facebook to get to know our friendly company a bit better. https://www.facebook.com/chapteronechildcare/
If successful, offers will be conditional on satisfactory completion of safer recruitment procedures such as a PVG check, two written references etc.