Location – Farnley, North Yorkshire
Salary – £9.50 – £10.20 per hour (depending on qualification)
Times – Permanent – full time – four day working week
CPD – On-line and in-house training programme
Chapter One Childcare (UK) Limited is a leading childcare provider dedicated to providing the best possible care and education for the children. We operate nurseries in Edinburgh, England and Oman. We are constantly investing in our people and facilities to ensure their nurseries are the best places for children to grow and develop. We also support staff with their individual CPD with on-line and in-house training programmes and support career progression.
We give children an amazing educational outdoor experience and Treetops accommodates children from 3 years to school age. Offering split placements between our indoor and outdoor nursery provision. Our focus on every unique child and our highly skilled and qualified teams provide the very best early year’s experience in a safe and stimulating environment.
We are looking to recruit an Early Years Practitioner for our developing and fast growing outdoor setting, Treetops at Farnley, Nr Otley, North Yorkshire.
Treetops is our fully outdoor nursery provision set in beautiful woodlands, adjacent to our indoor nursery in Farnley and close to Otley, Harrogate, Bradford and Leeds.
The post offers an exciting opportunity in a unique setting for a highly motivated and qualified level 3 practitioner with the love of outdoors, to nurture within nature!
We invest in our workforce to help everyone have career progressions and opportunity.
We pride ourselves in being a fun and friendly environment where teamwork and support is promoted.
We recognize achievements through our holiday bonus schemes and reward badges to recognize a staff members individual achievements.
Like our children are all supported as individuals, as are our staff and support every staff members wellbeing to enable you to be happy, content and shine in their role.
- To provide high quality care and outdoor education for young children aged between 3 and 5 years of age.
- To communicate and work effectively, professionally and in partnership with all parents and carers of the children.
- To work as part of a team.
- To work effectively and professionally within the policies, procedures, aims, objectives and philosophy of the company.
- To be a good communicator
- To be self-motivated and inventive in the delivery of the curriculum outdoors.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To be a keyworker to a group of children and plan outdoor learning experiences to support their individual development. You will work with the children to build dens, cook over fire, use tools and use the woodland creatively whilst meeting the requirements of the EYFS.
- To observe, record, track and monitor children’s progress.
- To complete and work with benefit risk assessments.
- To undertake further training as required for your position
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous experience working in a nursery and a strong knowledge of the EYFS is preferable.
- For you to consider applying for the post you must have a caring and outgoing personality, show a keen willingness to learn and take on new ideas.
- As this position is outdoors , all year round, you must have a genuine passion for outdoor learning. You must be able to use your initiative and be very creative as well being able to work as part of a team to develop the outdoor nursery and implement planned activities.
Forest school / outdoor training or experience would be useful but not essential as training will be given.
- Additional holiday entitlement for long service
- Opportunities for career progression
- Good annual leave programme with bonus holidays in-between Christmas and New Year
- Uniform provided with additional annual outdoor clothing allowance
If interested in joining Chapter One Treetops and taking up on this amazing opportunity in such a unique setting and you wish to be part of a inspiration and growing team then we would love to hear from you.