‘Treetops’ is our fully outdoor nursery set in beautiful woodland, adjacent to our main nursery, within the countryside of Farnley, North Yorkshire. We are offering an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and qualified Level 3 Nursery Practitioner with a passion for outdoor learning to join our team.
- To provide high quality care and education for young children aged between 3 and 5 years of age in our outdoor setting.
- To communicate and work effectively, professionally and in partnership with all parents and carers of the children.
- To work as part of a team.
- To work effectively and professionally within the policies, procedures, aims, objectives and philosophy of the company with your colleagues.
- To be a keyworker to a group of children and plan outdoor learning experiences to support their individual development. You will work with the children to build dens, cook over the fire, use tools and use the woodland creatively whilst meeting the requirements of the EYFS.
- To observe, record, track and monitor children’s progress.
- To complete and work with benefit risk assessments.
- To undertake further training as required for your position
The skill set & experience
Previous experience working in a nursery and a strong knowledge of the EYFS is preferable. For you to consider applying for the post you must have a caring and outgoing personality, show a keen willingness to learn and take on new ideas. As this position is outdoors , all year round, you must have a genuine passion for outdoor learning. You must be able to use your initiative and be very creative as well as being able to work as part of a team to develop the nursery and implement planned activities. Forest school/outdoor training or experience would be useful but not essential as training will be given.
What we offer:
- Bonus opportunities.
- Provision of pension scheme auto enrollment.
- A management structure which offers support at all times.
- Bonus Christmas Holidays.
- Free uniform
- Additional holiday entitlement for long service
- Opportunities for career progression
If interested in joining our friendly team please apply below.
This position will be subject to a successful DBS check and references.
PLEASE NOTE – there is no public transport in the area so applicants must be able to drive and have access to transport.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.75 per hour
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place